BMIHMS Student Blogs

10 March 2015

BLOG

gab pictureHi! I am Gabriella Conti the new #BMIHMS marketing ambassador for term 1 and 2, 2015. Originally I’m from Launceston, Tasmania which I left to study International Event Management at the Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS).

Everyday on campus I meet BMIHMS students who are doing astounding things as part of their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. This is my blog and I am going to bring you my story and that of my fellow students to guide you through the possibilities of a career in hospitality management.

I am having the time of my life studying at BMIHMS and I’m so grateful for the wonderful placements I have worked at. I am an event management student, having completed two placements, my first on Hayman Island where I got the chance to meet and work with David Tutera, number one event manager of New York City. It’s always great to have mentors but to meet him face-to-face was a real honour. My second placement was working with Sony Foundation, Sydney. What an opportunity and great brand with an great event team that raised nearly 1 million dollars for the ‘You Can’ Hospitals (in less then 4 hours!!) at a lunch held at Woolloomooloo wharf in Sydney.

Now that I am based in Sydney I am able to work for a multitude of businesses. I was very fortunate to gain a position at Aria Catering, at the iconic Opera House that I absolutely love! I haven’t really grasped all the opportunities, which I have been presented with both academically and practical at BMIHMS. I do know that the skills will last a lifetime. I will endeavor to bring you the adventures of other students, going out on placement and working in beautiful properties.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Gabriella Conti, International Event Management Student,
BMIHMS
www.bluemountains.edu.au