Voting has now opened in the Worldwide Hospitality Management Awards

Sean Somerville (head and shoulders)The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) is proud to announce that alumnus Sean Somerville has received a nomination for the 16th annual 2015 Worldwide Hospitality Awards.

Sean graduated in 2013 and since then he has been building his career with InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) firstly as a participant in the 18 month IHG Graduate Future Leaders Program and now as Event Services Manager at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, Queensland.

In his current role, Sean is the youngest member of the InterContinental’s Sanctuary Cove Resort’s Department Head Team. He leads a staff of 25+ with the responsibility of bringing the Resort’s $6 million annual events calendar to life.

“When I think about my career trajectory over the last five years, I’m proud of the fact that I have surpassed my initial goal, which was to become one of a team of individuals who daily provide exemplary service to hotel guests. Today, I lead them. Occasionally, I also absorb a second managerial role in the absence of the Resort’s Food and Beverage Director, coordinating the duties of the department’s 70 staff in addition to my own,” said Sean.

Sanctuary Cove Great House

“On the innovation front, one project I enjoy leading would be my Workforce Planning Champion initiative. This project brings a layer of transparency to all staff on how salaries directly impact the success of the resort’s revenue.

“Ultimately, I feel that communicating their importance to the business gives employees ownership of the business. I am extremely proud of my career achievements to date, I enjoy working and I look forward to my future. I am very appreciative to both BMIHMS and IHG for the key roles they have played through support and development in my journey thus far,” he said.

Sean is a well deserving candidate and it is fantastic to see him on the world stage representing BMIHMS. BMIHMS is also in the running for two other awards: ‘Best Hospitality Management School’ and ‘Innovation in an Education Program’.

Night view of Sanctuary Cove Great House 

In order to win, BMIHMS needs your votes. Please head to the WHA website and take a moment to vote by clicking here. You do need to register in order to vote so thank you in advance to those who make the effort.