VERA’S SECRET TO GRADUATE SUCCESS – BRAND LOYALTY

BM

Originally from Austria, Vera has moved closer to home on completion of her degree to take up a role within her brand of choice – Hyatt. Vera has secured a position in Hyatt’s Corporate Leadership Traineeship (CLT) in Rooms Division, at the Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf.

With her long-term goal to work in revenue management in mind, Vera never considered that she would be taking a position within rooms division. However, she feels it is a decision that will benefit her as she progresses her career. Vera sees the opportunity to work within a rooms division department as the perfect stepping stone to achieve her goals.

Vera’s connection with the Hyatt brand has been one that has grown throughout her studies with BMIHMS. Vera developed an interest in working for the Hyatt brand after dining at the Park Hyatt Sydney. From what began as a social dining evening, this experience sparked a brand choice that she could see herself working within long-term. Vera went to Austria to complete her first Industry Placement (IP) at the Park Hyatt Vienna, and her second IP at the property that inspired her interest, the Park Hyatt Sydney. Vera continued to work for Hyatt in a casual role up until graduation.

The CLT is an eighteen-month program and is normally reserved for those who have completed their studies in Europe. Vera will initially work as part of the Front Office team, learning the processes and systems in place to help the hotel run successfully and smoothly. From there Vera will become a Team Leader (in training) for 12 months and then work with managers from other departments – giving her a better understanding of the roles they play in the day-to-day operations of a hotel.

When asked why she choose to undertake a CLT in Rooms Division, Vera responded:

“I discussed my career aspirations to work in revenue management with my HR Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney. After making some inquiries within the Hyatt network he provided me with some details about a CLT in Rooms Division, in Dusseldorf. He explained that this would assist me with my long-term goal [working in revenue management] and encouraged me to apply for the traineeship.”

Upon the completion of the CLT Vera will be well placed to pursue her career pathway into revenue management.

Vera says “I would like to continue my international journey once I complete my CLT whilst working towards my goal. I think that Central or South America will be high on my wish list, perhaps Costa Rica or Uruguay.”

Students are encouraged to align themselves with a brand that resonates with them whilst studying with BMIHMS, and one that may lead to post study career prospects. BMIHMS has strong, long-term partnerships with many brands in the hospitality industry. Partnerships include major hotel chains, boutique properties, resorts, restaurants and event management companies. Our industry partners include a select group of brands (including the Hyatt brand), known as Graduate Privileged Partners (GPP), who have been identified as leaders in the industry, can offer students and graduates Industry Placements, employment opportunities, and promising career prospects.

Vera will graduate in September from BMIHMS at Torrens University. We wish Vera all the best, and look forward to seeing where her career takes her.