How to Apply
Applying to study at Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School is easy.
- Get in Touch and provide some details so we can contact you directly and talk you through the application process.
- Select your preferred start date – courses for 2013 start four times per in January, April, July and September. View our 2013 term dates.
- If you’re ready to apply now, just complete the Blue Mountains Application Form. Save, print and sign it and send it to the address stated on the form.
Would you still like to know more about our entry requirements? The sections below can help:
Pathways to a hotel or event management degree
There are other routes to a hospitality degree. As international students need an IELTS 6.0 to gain entry to a Blue Mountains hospitality degree course, our English Language Program (ELP), conducted at the Leura campus via the Academy of English, helps prospective students attain the required language proficiency for direct access into the degree program. Students can also attend Academies Australasia colleges in Sydney and complete business units that may grant them credit towards core Blue Mountains hospitality degree subjects. Read More
Students have to be 18 years of age at the start of the course and have obtained an adequate level of high school education so they meet the academic requirements to study hospitality. Read More
There are also alternative entry requirements for:
- Mature age students over the age of 20
- Those with special needs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island students.
There are special considerations for overseas students studying hospitality including obligations under the ESOS Act, Visa requirements, overseas health cover and tax requirements. Read More
Blue Mountains is pleased to announce that a range of scholarships for Australian students are available for the January and April 2013 intake. Read More
Victoria High Schools, Student Application Process
• Existing and prospective VTAC applicants should apply through VTAC
• All Year 12 applicants must apply through VTAC
VTAC applicants can change preferences up until 24th December 2012. After this date, prospective students can apply directly to Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School.