BMIHMS Student Blogs

10 March 2015

BLOG

gab pictureHi! I am Gabriella Conti the new #BMIHMS marketing ambassador for term 1 and 2, 2015. Originally I’m from Launceston, Tasmania which I left to study International Event Management at the Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS).

Everyday on campus I meet BMIHMS students who are doing astounding things as part of their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. This is my blog and I am going to bring you my story and that of my fellow students to guide you through the possibilities of a career in hospitality management.

I am having the time of my life studying at BMIHMS and I’m so grateful for the wonderful placements I have worked at. I am an event management student, having completed two placements, my first on Hayman Island where I got the chance to meet and work with David Tutera, number one event manager of New York City. It’s always great to have mentors but to meet him face-to-face was a real honour. My second placement was working with Sony Foundation, Sydney. What an opportunity and great brand with an great event team that raised nearly 1 million dollars for the ‘You Can’ Hospitals (in less then 4 hours!!) at a lunch held at Woolloomooloo wharf in Sydney.

Now that I am based in Sydney I am able to work for a multitude of businesses. I was very fortunate to gain a position at Aria Catering, at the iconic Opera House that I absolutely love! I haven’t really grasped all the opportunities, which I have been presented with both academically and practical at BMIHMS. I do know that the skills will last a lifetime. I will endeavor to bring you the adventures of other students, going out on placement and working in beautiful properties.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Gabriella Conti, International Event Management Student,
BMIHMS
www.bluemountains.edu.au

Enquire Now